The weather forecast for Saturday in Lanesboro is a high of 40 degrees with winds at 25 mph and 50% chance of rain. We will be camping until Sunday but the ride will definitely be very short or not at all depending on the weather on Saturday.
Larry and Diane Potter
Join your HBA friends to Bike the Root River Trail
Saturday – October 20
Ride Leaders: Larry and Diane Potter
- 9:30 – Breakfast at Lanesboro Pastry Shop (Downtown Lanesboro)
- 10:30 – Meet in front of Lanesboro Pastry Shop to start the ride.
Trail Route Plan:
- Lanesboro to Whalen – 4.6 miles
- Whalen to Peterson – 8.9 miles
- Stop for lunch in Peterson
- Peterson to Whalen – 8.9 miles
- Stop for pie in Whalen
- Whalen to Lanesboro – 4.6 miles
- Lanesboro to “Barn” – 4.5 miles
- “Barn” to Lanesboro – 4.5 miles
- Approximately 36 miles
Dinner – 5:00 p.m. – Legion Fish Fry - Downtown Lanesboro
Campfire after dinner for everyone at the Potter campsite. Bring your own drink and the Swine Trek Queen will have everything you need for s’mores!
There is not an organized ride on Sunday.
This is normally a weekend trip so you will need to make your overnight arrangements. Camping is available in the City Park (tents, campers, RV’s).
There are also several B&B’s and some hotels if you prefer. Please call ahead as these fill up fast and most require a two night stay. This is a great ride – the food is awesome – and you get to ride the trails with some great biking friends!
Questions: Contact Diane – 319-560-3979 or Larry 319-981-3663